[Scons-users] SCons vs enscons

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Wed Jun 17 02:38:19 EDT 2020

On Mon Jun 1 07:19:14 EDT 2020 Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com wrote:

Hello Daniel,

I apologize for late repy - fist of all, I am following scons-users via gmane
and didn't realize that it was not delivering messages since January. Then, by
inspecting archives I did note your reply and then submitted request for scons'
lists to be re-subscribed to new gmane.io and, finally, since yesterday, gmane
is operational again, but this time using news.gmane.io address.

> I wrote enscon. I copied it over to github recency. Here's part of what it
> does for C extensions. It's not too complicated.

Thank you!

> You can use enscons like any other SCons extension, or you can use it as a
> pep517 build system so that pip can invoke it through pyproject.toml.

What would you recommend for my use-case?

Would something change with SCons-4.0 relase in regard?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As a blazing fire turns firewood to ashes, O Arjuna, so does the fire of
knowledge burn to ashes all reactions to material activities.