[Scons-users] visual studio 2019 with 2017 addon

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Jun 15 10:41:58 EDT 2020

On 6/15/20 8:18 AM, Pierre-Luc Boily wrote:
> I confirm, forward slashes also work.  I still have the (bad) habit of
> using windows slashes....

it's not necessarily a "bad habit"... on Windows, the slashes work
either way - except when they don't.  For Python dealing with strings as
paths, they do work.  But it's possible to pass to a program where they
don't.   One problem with the backslash form, which is *not* fixed by
using a rawstring is if a trailing slash is significant - the backslash
before the Python ending quote will always cause problems. All good fun
(for some questionable definition of "fun")