[Scons-users] Random build failure with 'Resource temporarily unavailable' on mac

Julien Pommier pommier at pianoteq.com
Fri Jun 12 13:58:54 EDT 2020

When it happens, it is on compile steps that have nothing really special. Just compiling a .o or building a static library. There is not much output, between 4 and 20 lines I would say, all sent to stdout.

A strange thing is that, a some point, I decided that the shell script that calls scons should automatically retry scons a few time when scons fails. If the first call to scons fails, it try again. And again… But this strategy does not help with this issue: scons will fail at the same point each time the shell script re-runs it ! However, when I kill the shell script , and launch it again, then scons will most likely succeed. So the issue must depend on some subtle circumstance that I can’t figure