[Scons-users] visual studio 2019 with 2017 addon

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Jun 8 16:36:40 EDT 2020

On 6/8/20 2:19 PM, Pierre-Luc Boily wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So, I developed my application with visual studio 2017 (14.1)
>
> The IT team, on their build server, they want to install visual studio 2019
> with added support for 141 aka 2017.   IT team told me this is the way
> Microsoft wants people to do this.
>
> The problem is scons don't find any 14.1(2017) installation, he only find
> 14.2(2019).
>
> Is there something I could do to tell scons that 141 is installed somewhere
> in vs2019 installation?

at the moment, no... it's a work in progress.

See https://github.com/SCons/scons/issues/3664

There wasn't really a "Windows native" person involved in the most
recent times, so we didn't end up understanding about the model of
multiple versions under one VS install - and in particular that people
would want to get 14.1 from VS2019 rather than keep VS2017 installed.
For the most recent VS installs, vswhere is used to detect them, but we
find only the "default version" under each product vswhere reports, so
14.2.latest for 2019, 14.1 for 2017.