[Scons-users] Are there "pseudo"-File entries in SCons

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Jun 6 04:12:58 EDT 2020

Hi,

I know I probably should know the answer to this, but…

I have a bit of generated text that needs to be a File entry in the SCons
tree. Obviously I can hack around with temporary files using the standard
Python stuff, but…

Does SCons have a way of treating a bit of text as a File entry doing all the
needful for the Dir entry, etc?

(It would seem that with all the Base and Entry and _morph stuff, morphing a
bit of text into a File entry ought to be easy, the question is is it
worthwhile or is it best just to enforce use of Python file stuff because it
isn't an important use case.)

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200