[Scons-users] Error when passing from python 3.5.4 to python 3.6

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Jul 27 14:12:09 EDT 2020

On 7/27/20 12:04 PM, Pierre-Luc Boily wrote:
> Did a quick search.
>
> If I do
>
> "uic.exe -v"
>
> - Under qt5, this gives the output :
> uic 5.12.1
>
> - Under qt4, this gives the output:
> Qt User Interface Compiler version 4.7.4
> or
> Qt User Interface Compiler version 4.4.0
>
> I don't have any qt3 installed.  But I rechecked the
> page https://doc.qt.io/archives/3.3/uic.html and the uic from this
> version doesn't have any ways to get the version!
>
> Also, I found a tool named Uic3.exe under my qt4 installations.  Uic.exe
> was a new application and Uic3.exe was probably the old unchanged one.
> This strongly points to the fact that the old Uic mechanism was still
> available for qt3 users under qt4.  uic3.exe is gone from qt5.

Hmmm, checked here, there's no "uic" utility, so this is sadly
inconsistent. These work, however:

$ /usr/bin/uic3 -version
Qt User Interface Compiler version 4.8.7
$ /usr/bin/uic-qt5 -version
uic-qt5 5.13.2
$ /usr/bin/uic-qt4 -version
Qt User Interface Compiler version 4.8.7

uic3 is the only one that does not recognize -v as a synonym for -version.

still, we can probably come up with a query formula that would work...