[Scons-users] How to debug infinite loop?

Daan De Meyer daan.j.demeyer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 02:53:54 EST 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to get parallel builds working with a legacy SCons build. We're
using version 3.0.1 and when building with more than 1 job, after a while
the taskmaster always gets stuck at the same spot with the message:
"Taskmaster: Looking for a node to evaluate, Taskmaster: No candidate
anymore.".

I'm pretty sure the fault is in our usage of SCons and not SCons itself. I
think some of our tasks are getting stuck in an infinite loop when SCons
uses more than one job. However, as there's a large amount of SCons scripts
that could be causing the issue, It would be great if I could get SCons to
list the current tasks that are in progress when it gets stuck in an
infinite loop. That would at least give me an indication as to which part
of the build is causing the issue.

Does SCons provide anything that would help me further debug this issue?

Regards,

Daan De Meyer