[Scons-users] find new targets from other targets?

Scott Johnson scott.johnson at arilinc.com
Thu Feb 20 21:56:44 EST 2020

> On Feb 20, 2020, at 6:46 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:
>
> Yes. set it as src_scanner.
>
> You're scanner doesn't return any nodes...

It doesn’t yet, as this is just an experimental toy, but see my original post. I can’t determine what else needs to be built until after the first target is built. And unlike this toy example, the real target isn’t just a simple copy of the source file. So scanning the source file won’t work for me.

A traditional scanner looks at the source file and finds dependencies that need to be built before this source file is processed. My use case is different. I need to process the source file, then look at the target file and find new (independent) files to build.

I found this question on Stack Overflow that suggests that what I’m trying to do is either tricky or impossible, depending on which answer you believe.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24671859/scons-how-to-generate-dependencies-after-some-targets-have-been-built/26302284 <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24671859/scons-how-to-generate-dependencies-after-some-targets-have-been-built/26302284>