[Scons-users] interrupted or failed build action handling

daggs daggs at gmx.com
Wed Apr 29 08:19:46 EDT 2020

Greetings,

I have a scons build script that I want to adjust with pre start and pre end actions, as I see it, it is quite simple, e.g.
adding new target named prep and set it as dep of the first target I have today.
the same goes for the end part, e.g. add a new target named end and set the current last target as it's dep.
but here is my problem, I need to run target end no matter how the script ends, e.g. even if I get compilation failure, target failure or even user interruption I need target end to be executed.

I've seen this: https://scons.org/doc/2.0.1/HTML/scons-user/x2045.html which I think can help me with compilation or target failure but I'm not sure it will with user interruption.
I know I can use the python signal handling but I'm not sure how scons will behave.

is there a standard way in scons to act on user interruptions? if no, will using python signal has any bad affect on scons's behavior?

Thanks,

Dagg.