[Scons-users] Scons Execution on Fedora 30 doesn't work due to python2 being in /usr/bin/python [pip & dnf install]

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Sep 12 17:00:50 EDT 2019

On 9/12/19 1:46 PM, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Gordon,
>
> So the fedora 30 packaged scons doesn't work?

no, the pip-installed scons doesn't, because of the shebang line that's
in the scons.py.  it's essentially this issue:

https://github.com/SCons/scons/issues/2891

Bill: I think you also expressed the other day wanting to generate the
script rather than how it is picked up now.

Since I'm also a Fedora (30) user, I can confirm the rpm pkg from Fedora
installs like this:

#! /usr/bin/python3

so that comes out fine.