[Scons-users] using depends properly

daggs daggs at gmx.com
Tue Oct 1 13:55:59 EDT 2019

Greetings,

I have a question on how to use the depends call properly.
I have a folder with sconscript file in it which calls a builder on various inputs.
for each input, I save the result of that builder in a appropriate list in a global var.
after that, I call another sconsript file and declares this: env.Depends(scons_instance, list from global var)
if I print that list, I see the targets I've saved.
but I'd expect that all the builders will be executed first and only then scons_instance will get created.
am I using the depends call wrong?

how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Dagg.