[Scons-users] Deal with package-info.class empty file

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 23:33:37 EST 2019

Hello!

I have a problem where my java build is nover up to date, because within
scons java builder, package-info.class is not generated.

This question has already been asked there :
http://scons.1086193.n5.nabble.com/java-empty-files-td28544.html

Its been almost 10 years ago and I am wondering if someone found something
better?

And it looks like the solution actually doesn't work anymore.  The following
code :

tgts = env.Java(target = 'classes', source = 'src')
for f in tgts:
  if f.path.endswith('package-info.class'):
    tgts.remove(f)

jar = env.Jar(target = 'dds-interface.jar', source = tgts)
Default(jar)

returns error :
AttributeError: <class 'SCons.Node.FS.File'> object has no attribute
'upper':

>From what I read into the doc, Jar only accept java file or 'classes' as
source.

I could simply remove package-info.java file, I think they are not useful in
our case, we do not have documentation.  But just in case, would be great if
I can keep it.

--
Sent from: http://scons.1086193.n5.nabble.com/Users-f16930.html