[Scons-users] Question about SCons support of python 3.6 and 3.7

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Tue Jun 4 11:42:08 EDT 2019

On 6/4/19 9:16 AM, Sergey Torokhov wrote:

> Clang:
> The gentoo installation paths of clang are " /usr/lib/llvm/*/bin".
> So the problem is solved by creation of symlinks for clang and clang++
> in /usr/bin or by passing additional paths to SCons env.

The scons CI setup does something like this, although I'm not convinced
it's quite right any longer... see the file .travis/setup.sh

Not convinced it's right because recent Ubuntu pkgs already make
symlinks in the right place, and the if-else test doesn't seem to allow
for that case.  Anyway...

> Java:
> The problem of searching of apropreate include directory
> was solved by patching posix.py script to add gentoo
> java-jdk installation paths of packages "oracle-jdk-bin",
> "openjdk-bin" and "openjdk":

this is an unfortunate chase that goes on and on as people put things in
different places under slightly different names...