[Scons-users] some website nits

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Jan 24 10:38:23 EST 2019

These should be minor fixes for someone who has access:

On the download page, the "prior stable" section contains entries that
have not existed since 3.0.0 (in other words, this section was correct
for the 3.0.1 release, but now is incorrect, as is the mention of the
srpm in the following paragraph).

===
Prior stable (3.0.3)

    Gzip tar file scons-3.0.3.tar.gz
    Zip file scons-3.0.3.zip
    Redhat RPM scons-3.0.3-1.noarch.rpm
    Windows installer scons-3.0.3-setup.exe
    Source RPM scons-3.0.3-1.src.rpm

The Gzip tar file and Zip file are installable using the Python setup.py
script in the package. The Source RPM contains .tar.gz and .spec files
to build your own RPM.
===

On sourceforge, wherever you are within the scons project area, it has a
green box which offers to let you download the latest version. That box
shows these contents:

===
Download Latest Version
scons-3.0.0.tar.gz (630.4 kB)
===

Possibly some note should go into the 3.0.2 files areas to indicate the
release was withdrawn?  I don't know how that's normally handled.

On the scons.org -> Community -> SCons Mailing Lists page:

The Announcement mailing list is still mentioned, though it appears to
be dead. The listing on tigris.org indicates this was the last posting:

"SCons 2.1.0 Production Release is now available"  (2011)

Announce, Users, and Development all mention a GMANE archive, which does
not exist any longer (well, sort of exists, but there is no scons
information and the existing links certainly do not work).

Under Commit Messages, the last word is "Motifications", not
"Notifications".

The final section on this page refers to an issues mailing list on
tigris.org, which I presume should be dropped.

Being notified on issues (and PR activity) depends on watching the
project and on the settings mentioned in the Commit Messages section.
It's still up to GitHub - it treats things you are involved in
(submitted or commented on the item in question = "involved")
differently than things you're not, unless you are a committer. I am not
sure I could even describe it, sigh. Probably merge the two sections
together?

To get more sophisticated than deferring to GitHub's decision on what to
tell you you have to write an applet, and that's certainly beyond the
scope of this page!!!