[Scons-users] parallel invocation of SCons

Herzog, Tobias (CQSP) tobias.herzog at carmeq.com
Thu Feb 14 04:14:00 EST 2019

Hi SCons users,

due to a parallelization in a CI build pipeline, I have the use case, that SCons (possibly) is invoked concurrently in the same tree (i.e. using database) but with different build targets. I already noticed, that this can lead to a crashing SCons and/or corrupted database.
For me it would be sufficient, if SCons just waits until the other SCons process has finished. My Idea was, to acquire any kind of inter process lock right in the SConstruct, that is active until the process terminates. So my assumption here is, that database access takes place after the reading of SConstruct/SConscript is done.
Is this correct? Will this solution be safe? Has anyone solved this problem in another/better way?

Thanks an best regards,
Tobias