[Scons-users] tool located in site_scons\site_tools\toolname causes ImportError

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Fri Feb 1 11:38:28 EST 2019

Shamelessly stealing the thread because I was just starting to work on a
tool as well...

On 2/1/19 7:53 AM, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Let me see if I can reproduce it here.
> Also curious if it affects py3.5, py3.6 and non-windows platforms.

>> astyle.py :
>> import os
>> from SCons.Script import *
>> def generate(env, **kw):

>> def exists(env):
>>     return 0

This tool stuff isn't particularly thoroughly documented.  the user
guide just says the two functions have to exist in a tool, but not
really what they're expected to do; the manpage has slightly more in the
Configuration File Reference section.  Is there anywhere else to look,
other than just poking in other tools to see what they do?  I'm happy to
write something up in a PR once I figure it out, if anyone else thinks
there would be any value to adding more verbiage to the user guide.