[Scons-users] Parallel build on SCons!

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Tue Aug 27 08:46:20 EDT 2019

On 8/27/19 6:39 AM, Akumalla Arjuman Banu via Scons-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to perform parallel build mechanism in scons?
> I have gone through "scons -j 2" command to perform build operation.
> what should be on my "SConstruct"?
> Do I need to use multithreading in python for parallel processing?

You don't need to do anything except the -j N

scons will gather all the information as before and compute the work to
be done, and when it's time to do builds the job dispatcher will launch
threads up to the number you specified to do those. you won't get an
N-times speedup; sometimes something has to wait for something else
before it can be launched.