[Scons-users] using variant_dir but strip out the variant_dir from source files

Jason Kenny dragon512 at live.com
Wed Oct 24 13:05:18 EDT 2018

Normally SCons will have the compiler output the target data into the Variant directory. In certain cases, the compiler doesn't allow control of where the output happens. SCons has a feature to change the current directory for you. However, this feature as it is, breaks the -j based builds. I work around this in my builds by changing the action to "cd  <variant directory> ; <compiler command>". This seems to solve the issue of compilers messing up stuff on disk for me at least.
-Jason