[Scons-users] pip installation directory includes the version number

RW garlicbready at googlemail.com
Sun May 27 19:44:09 EDT 2018

Hi,
I just thought to check here before raising a issue on github
It's a fairly minor thing, but I've noticed when installing scons via pip
(ether stable or directly from github)
the install directory tends to have the version number tagged on the back

Looking at other packages under pythondir\Lib\site-packages\
such as colorama, usually you have two directories in there such as
colorama
colorama-0.3.9.dist-info

with scons instead you end up with
scons-3.0.1
scons-3.0.1.dist-info
or
scons-3.1.0.alpha.yyyymmdd
scons-3.1.0.alpha.yyyymmdd.dist-info

when I think it should be
scons
scons-3.0.1.dist-info

I know scons isn't supposed to be imported directly into other python code
but I've been using the path as part of the setup for visual studio code
for some of my own tools
https://github.com/ASoftTech/Scons.Gbd.Docs
https://github.com/ASoftTech/Scons.Gbd.Builders
and it's a bit annoying to have the directory name jump about depending on
which scons I'm referencing.in the virtual environment

Many Thanks
Richard