[Scons-users] Command and Libscanner

Jason Kenny dragon512 at live.com
Thu May 17 14:31:44 EDT 2018

Well the command case I am seeing as I am working a project at work is that I have "component" that have complex build scripts that may not be easy to "translate" into pure SCons. Calling the there build systems or scripts is the quick and easy way to get this to work with the Commad(). I am trying to see on the side about making a better "Cmake" and "automake" wrapper for common cases. custom makefile seem to be more interesting.. either way the issue I found was that my -j build would fail.. looking at the tree SCons did not see that a certain lib was needed to make the command happened. If this code was being built natively in SCons the Program or ShareLibrary builders would have the target scanners catch this via the ProgramScanner.
 Having this in the Command would be very useful, as well as exposing ProgramScanner as we do the DirScanner. I guess making a one-off builder via Command is doing what I am after. As far as flags... would we just be able to pass in current items as is? I was doing this in Parts:
https://bitbucket.org/dragon512/parts/src/master/parts/pieces/ccommand.py
I guess a little more tweaking would be needed to allow override of source_factory and target_factory and this should support all the builder flags via the **kw argument
Jason