[Scons-users] Having issue with scanner in Command()

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Tue May 15 16:50:36 EDT 2018

On 05/15/2018 01:59 PM, Mats Wichmann wrote:
> On 05/15/2018 12:23 PM, Bill Deegan wrote:
>> Weird. So it's copying onto itself?
>
> sure looking like it to me... copy to itself, then ignore the "changed
> file" which would otherwise trigger a "rebuild".  Hmmm.

well, the light went on, it wasn't so complicated after all.  since we
run with duplicate=0, the "source" files in the variant dir exist only
in the mind of scons, and then later when a test is run, the test
configuration file isn't there with scons out of the picture.

but surely there is a more best-practice way to say "make sure this file
exists in the variant dir even after scons quits"?