[Scons-users] Is it possible to use Copy Action Functions outside of SConscript?

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 11:56:35 EDT 2018

I  shall read better the man page.  Thx.  Now I have this error below.  I
thought that I might need to import SCons.Node, but no luck.

AttributeError: <class 'SCons.Node.FS.File'> object has no attribute
'startswith':
  File "/svn/localroot/faa_mx/integ-scons/SConstruct", line 58:
    build()
  File "/svn/localroot/faa_mx/integ-scons/SConstruct", line 29:
    cache = not SConscript(str(script).strip(), exports='envService
vcxprojList', variant_dir=utils.createVariantDir(envService, script),
duplicate=0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/scons-2.5.1/SCons/Script/SConscript.py", line 604:
    return method(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/local/lib/scons-2.5.1/SCons/Script/SConscript.py", line 541:
    return _SConscript(self.fs, *files, **subst_kw)
  File "/usr/local/lib/scons-2.5.1/SCons/Script/SConscript.py", line 250:
    exec _file_ in call_stack[-1].globals
  File "/svn/localroot/faa_mx/integ-scons/fwk/dds_model/dds_model.sc", line
12:
    idlGeneratedHeaders = env.compile_idl_files()
  File
"/svn/localroot/faa_mx/integ-scons/cm/scons/adacelBuilders/pseudoBuilders.py",
line 131:
    action = [env.Copy(env.File(os.path.join(env['LOCALROOT'],
variantDirOutput, idlFile)), idlFile),
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 68:
    if b.startswith('/'):
  File "/usr/local/lib/scons-2.5.1/SCons/Node/FS.py", line 682:
    (self.__class__, attr))