[Scons-users] Is it possible to use Copy Action Functions outside of SConscript?

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 09:34:06 EDT 2018

My SConscript contains the following code :

Execute(Copy(os.path.join(env['LOCALROOT'], str(env.Dir('.').path),
'MaxSim.idl'), 'MaxSim.idl'))

In order to make my SConscript cleaner, I wanted to move this line into a
pseudo-builder, in an utility file.

Then, when I am calling this line :
Execute(Copy(os.path.join(env['LOCALROOT'], variantDirOutput, str(idlFile)),
str(idlFile)))

from my utility function, I have error:
NameError: global name 'Execute' is not defined

I understood that because I am outside of the SConscript context, Execute is
not recognized anymore.  I then added my env, like that :
env.Execute(Copy(os.path.join(env['LOCALROOT'], variantDirOutput,
str(idlFile)), str(idlFile)))

Now, Execute is recognized, but Copy is not.  If I try to add env to the
Copy function (env.Copy()), I now have this error : warning: The env.Copy()
method is deprecated;

I understand the env.Copy() is depracated, but is it possible to use Copy
action outside the SConscript the same way I did for env.Execute?

Thx

--
Sent from: http://scons.1086193.n5.nabble.com/Users-f16930.html