[Scons-users] Windows installer for SCons 3.0.1

Steve Hill (Wireless) Steve.Hill1 at viavisolutions.com
Tue Jun 12 03:53:21 EDT 2018

Thanks Bill.

I don’t think that virtualenv is going to work for us. As Mats said, we have different projects using different SCons versions and we have a switch over period between two versions of SCons for any given project, where multiple version are permitted. The standard script that implements this is:

#! /usr/bin/env python
import os, sys

# Define the list of allowed SCons versions, in priority order - with the preferred versions first
versions = [
    ("2.5.1", ""),
    ("3.0.1", ""),
    ]

forced = False

# The first argument maybe the specific version of SCons to use so check for that...
if len(sys.argv) > 1:
    for version, flags in versions:
        if sys.argv[1] == version:
            print "Forcing to SCons version", version
           forced = True
            versions = [
                    (version, flags)
                    ]
            del sys.argv[1]
            break

for version, flags in versions:
    batchFile = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(sys.executable), 'Scripts', 'scons-%s.bat' % version)
    if os.path.exists(batchFile):
        cmd = '\"%s\" %s ' % (batchFile, flags) + ' '.join(defaults + sys.argv[1:])
        sys.exit(os.system(cmd))
else:
    if forced:
        print "SCons version", versions[0][0], "is not installed"
    else:
        print "No supported version of SCons is installed"

This allows all the users to have multiple versions of SCons installed and each project will use the version that is to be used for that project – or fail if it is not currently installed. I’ll have to look at whether I can create a .zip file for each version of SCons 3.x.x that we end up using to allow multiple concurrent installations…

Thanks,

S.