[Scons-users] Windows installer for SCons 3.0.1

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Jun 11 11:14:38 EDT 2018

On 06/11/2018 09:04 AM, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Steve,
>
> In that case, virtualenv is your friend
>
> virtualenv scons-#.#.#
> scons-#.#.#\scripts\activate.bat
> pip install -U pip
> pip install scons
>
> You can create one virtualenv per scons version.
>
> -Bill

my relatively rarely-used Windows setup has one py2+scons3 setup and one
 p3+scons3 setup, and this works well.

on the other hand, if the issue is different projects using different
scons versions, adding a local-install scons to the project could also
work.  that way you're sure to have the right one - have done that
experimentally and it seems to work fine too.