[Scons-users] Interactive mode on windows : cl : Command line error D8003 : missing source filename

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 09:39:33 EDT 2018

Hello!

scons : 3.0.1
python : 3.5.4
visual studio : 2010
windows : 10

I know this questions has been already asked before by myself and also by
other  people
<http://scons.1086193.n5.nabble.com/Interactive-Mode-on-Windows-td38298.html>
, but I cannot find a resolution yet.

For our project, a typical library incremental build with scons takes 13
seconds.  With scons interactive mode, it takes less that 0.04 seconds!!  As
you can see, interactive mode helps a lot.

Fortunately, the problem is only on windows, and it looks like it is a known
problem with windows compilation, see  there
<https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/f40706e5-854c-4ec8-8346-7fe5e5621749/get-error-quotcl-command-line-error-d8003-missing-source-filenamequot-when-trying-to-compile?forum=msbuild>
and  there
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16677020/command-line-error-d8003-missing-source-filename-when-linking>
.

I would be happy to help, any advice where to look on scons code?

Thx

--
Sent from: http://scons.1086193.n5.nabble.com/Users-f16930.html