[Scons-users] default toolchain in Scons breaking on windows

Jason Kenny dragon512 at live.com
Tue Feb 20 11:52:31 EST 2018

Hi Bill,

I have a question for some advice on how to address an issue.

As I am taking time again to fix up Parts. I have an issue open https://bitbucket.org/sconsparts/parts/issues/24/parts-fails-to-build-on-windows-if-msvc-is

The issue here is that when starting SCons, logic to load the "default" environment happens before the SConstruct is read in. This on windows will try to load the "default" tool on windows which always tries to load MSVC. The tools in Parts I have do not have this issue, however, I have no way to tell SCons about this as the SConstruct is where I get imported. Honestly, there really is not any good way I know of to affect the load logic for the tools in SCons before it loads the SConsstruct.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Jason