[Scons-users] Scons none-deterministic behavior for incremental build

Hua Yanghao huayanghao at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 04:50:15 EST 2018

I finally nailed it down.

It is because the ordering of SConscript files processing, where in
SConscript I allow users/modules to provide additional CFLAGS.
I used a set() to eliminate duplicated SConscript, but in Python3
set() does not have a stable run-time ordering.

The fix is very simple to convert the set() back to list and sort it out.

So scons is behaving all correctly and it is my user code problem.

Thanks Oscar and Bill for all the hints!

Best Regards,
Yanghao