[Scons-users] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Feature Request: Add Support for detecting build changes via sha256

RUHGE, RYAN L CTR USAF AFMC AFLCMC/HBAW-OL ryan.ruhge.ctr at us.af.mil
Wed Aug 15 11:26:23 EDT 2018

Mats,

Sorry not sure what happened there I will try sending my message again.

In short, our system is configured to run in FIPS mode (Federal Information Processing Standard).  In this mode, md5 is not an allowed cryptographic algorithm and SCons will not work at all if we don't patch it (unless we change it to check timestamps instead).  Our current patch makes SCons only work in sha256 mode which I fully understand is not desirable.  Once we get a chance we will rework the patch to make it an option and move forward from there to work with you all.

Thanks again,
Ryan