[Scons-users] Recursive directories, and the ignoring of filenames.

Alistair Buxton a.j.buxton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 19:53:28 EDT 2018

PS note that the directory isn't even needed to reproduce the renaming
problem. The following will have the same behaviour if the a.txt and
b.txt are in the same directory as SConstruct:

env.Command('listing.txt', Glob('*.txt'), 'ls *.txt > ${TARGET}')

In this case you would instead say:

env.Command('listing.txt', Glob('*.txt'), 'ls ${SOURCES} > ${TARGET}')

and scons would identify that the build needs to be re-done because
the action string changed.

However, this is not so easy with the image builder case as it takes a
directory path as the only argument.

--
Alistair Buxton
a.j.buxton at gmail.com