[Scons-users] Print out messages only if target is building

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Aug 1 14:30:26 EDT 2018

On 08/01/2018 11:03 AM, Bill Deegan wrote:
> SConscripts are not targets.
>
> Can you provide more detail?
> Do you want some text output when a give program is built? Or a library? or
> something else?

I understood the question this way, maybe got it wrong:

a bunch of targets defined, each a sample app, including x and y

if I ask for x, y on scons command line, and x cannot build due to
external reason (missing tools), print a message and skip x

if I ask for y then don't print the message about skipping x since it's
irrelevant anyway