[Scons-users] No more windows installers? (Pip/tar/zip going forward)

pal100x liviuprodea at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 15:40:29 EDT 2017

Regarding Barry Bond installer crash, it may be caused by out-of-date Visual
C++ runtime redistributables.
You can get and upgrade all of them in one sweep using Visual C++
redistributable All-In-One:
Author site:
https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/update-v55-visual-c-runtime-installer-by-burfadel.72953/
MajorGeeks Mirror:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html3

Regarding Thomas Berg scons installation failure via pypi, I think he missed
the wheel dependency.

pip install wheel
pip install scons

This does the trick, at least for me. I agree that the error is cryptic and
doesn't explain why it fails. Anyway we can't rely on --egg forever as one
day we'll discover is gone, as that's what happens with all deprecated
things in this world, eventually. So we should learn by now to replace pip
install --egg scons with the 2 from above.

About scons.bat being misplaced. I don't know. It landed in
C:\Python27\Scripts in my case.

--
Sent from: http://scons.1086193.n5.nabble.com/Users-f16930.html