[Scons-users] scons 3 print syntax change breaks serf build

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Sep 27 15:45:09 EDT 2017

On 09/27/2017 01:39 PM, Tim Jenness wrote:
> This was fixed last week on master. I don’t know the timeline for a 3.0.1 release.
>
> See https://github.com/SConsProject/scons/pull/1

well, it's quite explicitly stated that print has to look like in Py3.
In the release notes:

       There are some important changes:

       - Any print statements must now use python 3 syntax of "print()"

the bugfix was more obscure and related to an automatic import of
print_function, which wasn't necessarily a good idea.