[Scons-users] Missing dependencies

Spencer Yost syost at triad.rr.com
Thu Nov 30 13:21:49 EST 2017

I am hoping somebody has tackled this before:

While I can obviously use the depends() function to ensure my target rebuilds if the dependency changed, I would like some sort of mechanism to automatically build the dependency if it is missing.

Is there functionality in Scons for this that I am missing and or misunderstanding? If not, has someone already built a little extension to handle this already?

In my specific use case, I'm looking for a shared library that has not been built yet. This is a common enough use case that I would like to handle it automatically if possible.

Spencer Yost