[Scons-users] UT application does not get built

Dynastic Space dynasticspace at gmail.com
Sat May 13 04:03:49 EDT 2017

A simplified view of my tree looks like this:

.
|-- applications
|   `-- app
|       |-- include
|       |-- SConscript
|       |-- src
|       |   `-- main.cpp
|       `-- tests
|           `-- main.cpp
|-- build
|   `-- debug
|       `-- applications
|           `-- app
|               |-- app
|               |-- src
|               |   `-- main.o
|               `-- tests
|                   |-- main_modified.o
|                   `-- main.o
`-- SConstruct

main_modified.o is a unit-test version of app/src/main.cpp, where main() is
changed to __main() so that there wouldn't be two main implementations in
the unit test.

as you can see - the object files are created correctly, but when I run
env.Program with the correct name for the ut application (app-ut) the
executable is not created.
I can't find my app-ut anywhere in my tree.

What can be the reason, and how can I go about debugging such an issue
without your assistance? --debug=explain doesn't explain anything do me.

Thanks,

Howling.