[Scons-users] Generating header from cpp file causes cycle

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sun Mar 19 11:30:55 EDT 2017

If you generate a file which is used in any way in generating the file,
then you have a dependency cycle.

SCons will scan the sources and find these.
If you did this with make it would always rebuild your code generator.

What does your actual code generator do with the header file it includes
which it generates?

Is this a version string?

-Bill