[Scons-users] Issue with Repositories?

Ryan ryan.chaves at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 11:32:31 EDT 2017

Hi,

I have the following issue:

My project builds fine (minus a linker error), when the
SConstruct.works.standalone files in sw-item/sw-unit0/test and
sw-item/sw-unit1/test are renamed to SConstruct and scons is run from those
directories independently. All files are built in the directory specified
by the variant_dir in the call to SConscript, etc.

However, if those files are left named "works.standalone" and instead scons
-uk is run from the unit[01] directories, the following errors are observed:

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
scons: *** [sw-item\sw-unit1\test\sw-unit1.obj] Source
`sw-item\sw-unit1\test\sw-unit1.c' not found, needed by target
`sw-item\sw-unit1\test\sw-unit1.obj'.
cl /Fosw-item\sw-unit1\test\test-sw-unit1.obj /c
sw-item\sw-unit1\test\test-sw-unit1.c /nologo /Isw-item
/Isw-item\sw-unit1\private\sw-item /Iunity\sw-item /I.
/Isw-item\sw-unit1\private
/Iunity /Isw-item /Isw-item\sw-unit1\private\sw-item /Iunity\sw-item /I.
/Isw-item\sw-unit1\private /Iunity
test-sw-unit1.c
scons: *** [sw-item\sw-unit1\test\unity.obj] Source
`sw-item\sw-unit1\test\unity.c' not found, needed by target
`sw-item\sw-unit1\test\unity.obj'.
scons: done building targets (errors occurred during build).

As can be seen, unity.c and sw-uint1.c are being looked for in
sw-item\sw-unit1\test rather than being located in their respective
repositories (declared in the SConscript file). The repository look-ups
seem to work fine when the SConstruct file is in the same "bottom-level"
directory as SConscript.

What's happening here? Any help is appreciated! A full tree is provided
that *should* work on any system without requiring external
tools/dependencies.