[Scons-users] How to import the env through which was env.SConscript( called

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Jun 13 06:30:15 EDT 2017

Hi Zarko,

On 13.06.2017 06:02, Zarko Berberski (Aditi Staffing LLC) via
Scons-users wrote:

> I do a clone and call Sconcript with that clone, but that connection
> seems to be lost
>
> >SConsEnvironment.SConscript in SConscript line 541 --- still has self
> (which is env)
>
> _SConscript in SConscript line 250                              ---
> env connection lost
>
> I can’t import by name since identical scripts needs to build in 2
> folders (which may become - variant_dir) => they shouldn’t know which
> env to import – they should work with the one that’s given to them.

please check out the example

https://bitbucket.org/dirkbaechle/scons_talks/src/pyconde_2013/examples/exvar

from the main "SCons talks" repo
https://bitbucket.org/dirkbaechle/scons_talks . It shows how to use the
"export" keyword for SConscript, which is the canonical way of doing
what you're trying to accomplish.