[Scons-users] Building Scons build error on Windows

Thomas Berg merlin66b at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 04:40:14 EDT 2017

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 3:11 AM, Ibrahim Esmat via Scons-users <
scons-users at scons.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am trying to build scons itself on Windows using the bootstrap.py python
> script as in the wiki with the command: python bootstrap.py
>
> However, it seems to error at the end when it’s trying to unpack the
> tar.gz file it created. Output below:

Any ideas?

> Thanks,
>
> Ibrahim

This thread contains some discussion about it, from when I asked about
building scons on Windows a while ago:
http://scons.1086193.n5.nabble.com/scons-64bit-Windows-installer-questions-td36479.html

Note the reference to this page:
https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/SconsBuildRequirements

So unless something changed, a full build is likely not possible on
Windows, due to the toolchain requirements.

Cheers,
Thomas