[Scons-users] Resource files in MSVSProject (*.rc)

Sergio Basurco sergio.b at coherentsynchro.com
Wed Jan 25 07:34:21 EST 2017

Hi all,

I'm using MSVSProject as described in
http://scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-user.html#b-MSVSProject

I have some resource files (*.rc) that I need to build into my
application, which is generated from that .vcxproj project. e.g. icon.rc
(which sets the icon for the .exe).

The MSVSProject call has a 'resources' element that accepts *.rc files,
however these are not built. Only added to the project as external files.

I expect an ItemGroup like this to be added:

  <ItemGroup>
    <ResourceCompile Include="icon.rc">
    </ResourceCompile>
  </ItemGroup>

But it is not in the generated .vcxproj file.

I have seen another call env.RES() which accepts resource files, but I'm
not sure how to use this one together with MSVSProj.

Are ResourceCompile elements supported by MSVSProject?

--
Saludos / Best regards,

*Sergio Basurco*
Coherent Synchro