[Scons-users] Detecting changed targets

Mark Terrel mark at unbounded.systems
Thu Jan 12 12:18:41 EST 2017

Great, thanks William.  All regression tests pass with two important
caveats:

   1. There are several tools I don't have installed, so there are tests
   with no result.  (BTW, is there a docker image that has all the tools
   installed so I can do a full run?)
   2. This change exposed a bug with interactive mode not correctly
   clearing out some cached build info between builds, so my testing also
   included this fix
<https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/pull-requests/386> that's
   awaiting feedback/approval.

But I suspect the key difference why you had more trouble with tests is
because I'm not changing the default behavior and it looks like your change
did.

I did start a test run with the default changed and did get some failures.
In the ideal case, we'd probably run all tests with ValidateTarget('none')
and again with ValidateTarget('content').  I suspect you might ask me to do
that now.  :)

Is there anything major you'd like to see changed/added before I submit a
pull request?  We can work through any of the more minor stuff there.

Mark

P.S.  Thanks for the tip on using "-j" with regression tests!  That just
made my life better.