[Scons-users] Dependency cycles. 2.4.1 -> 2.5.1

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 11:16:53 EST 2017

William,

TO your question "How are they being created" :  link
<http://pastebin.com/J5RyTxve>

env.Command(target = tgtCpp + tgtH + ccpp,
                    source = idlFile,
                    action = 'idlpp -S -l cpp -d ' +
os.path.join(env['LOCALROOT'], 'sr', 'speech', 'common_dds') + ' $SOURCE')

One idl file generates many .cpp and .h files, and I actually have 8 or 9
idl files.  SO, I have a lot of cycle dependency errors.

But I am looking at headers files and I cannot see any mutual/cycle include.
I do not fully undertand why SCons output this message.

Like I said, I was looking at my tree generated with 2.4.1, and it looks
weird.  I thought that maybe I was misusing targets/sources when generating
from IDL file, from Command above.

thx for your help

Pierre-Luc