[Scons-users] Is dblite always the preferred choice for dbm_module?

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Mon Feb 27 13:39:38 EST 2017

Andrew,

As it happens I've been nose deep in dblite.py among other internals of
SCons this weekend.

I'm not aware of anyone switching the implementation.
Note that dblite is actually using pickle'ing.

The SCons.SConsign module has explicit calls to pickle, so I'm guessing it
would take some work to swap in an alternative sconsign store.

The current implementation loads the entire contents of the store, rather
than loading each target's info ad hoc.

I'd seen some posts that json was faster than pickle, and perhaps that
would be a reasonable alternative as tooling around json would be simple.

-Bill

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Andrew C. Morrow <andrew.c.morrow at gmail.com