[Scons-users] Trouble with clean and java target location

Dan McNaul danmcnaul at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:14:58 EST 2017

Hi,   (I’m running scons v2.3.0)

I have this problem with the clean (-c) function.

I have these 2 java source files in different packages.  The source files are generated by a scons Command() to ant.  Ant is using ‘wsdl2java’ to generate them, if that is pertinent

niswsbasic8crti/src/com/att/its/nisweb/att/nis/basic8/webservices/ObjectFactory.java

niswsbasic8crti/src/com/att/cio/commonheader/v3/ObjectFactory.java

My scons builder line says:

java_wsdl_its = envJAVA.Java(‘./niswsbasic8crti/stage/WEB-INF/classes’, ‘./niswsbasic8crti/src/com/att/its/nisweb/att/nis/basic8/webservices/ObjectFactory.java’)

java_wsdl_cio = envJAVA.Java(‘./niswsbasic8crti/stage/WEB-INF/classes’, ‘./niswsbasic8crti/src/com/att/cio/commonheader/v3/ObjectFactory.java)

When I run the build, it works as expected.  The java source is compiled and the java class is placed in the target at the proper package position.

meaning –>  ./niswsbasic8crti/stage/WEB-INF/classes/
                   com/att/its/........
and              com/at/cio/.......

Side Note –>  The Scons Java() call is critical to my needs here, because Scons searches my “Repository()” for the correct versions of things.

But when I run the build with “-c” (clean), I get this error during the “scons: Reading SConscript files ...”

scons: *** Multiple ways to build the same target were specified for:
niswsbasic8crti/stage/WEB-INF/classes/ObjectFactory.class
(from [‘niswsbasic8crti/src/com/att/cio/commonheader/v3/ObjectFactory.java’]
and from [‘niswsbasic8crti/src/com/att/its/nisweb/att/nis/basic8/webservices/ObjectFactory.java’])

It appears that the “clean” function doesn’t calculate the correct ‘target’ by taking into consideration the “package” location.  It is dumping everything in the “root” of the target.   Is there a work around?

Thanks

Dan