[Scons-users] Windows build error

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Thu Feb 16 15:26:02 EST 2017

On 16.02.2017 15:03, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> Please post a minimal test case demonstrating the problem.
> Generally if you're using subprocess.* you're not doing it the scons way..

I don't recall the precise reason why I used subprocess. It may be that
SCons wasn't flexible enough, or simply that subprocess was easier to
use. In either case, SCons shouldn't disallow writing tests via subprocess.

In either case, the content of os.environ is expected to be strings
only, while SCons on windows pushes a (at least one) unicode value into
it. I think that's wrong.

Thanks,
        Stefan