[Scons-users] Windows build error

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Thu Feb 16 14:21:40 EST 2017

Hello,

I just got a build failure in a test that uses
`subprocess.check_output()`. The error is

  TypeError: environment can only contain strings

Looking into the environment (env['ENV']), I notice a "SystemRoot"
variable set to u`C:\\Windows`, i.e. which has type unicode, rather than
str. It appears to be set by SCons.Platform.win32. For now I'm injecting
a bit of code to convert the value to a string, but I think this ought
to be fixed in SCons itself.

Should I file a bug report for this ?

Thanks,

        Stefan