[Scons-users] Technical question abouir --debug=explain

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 11:11:59 EST 2017

Hello,

Not yet looked into __init__.py,, but I found that if I duplicate src files
into variant dir, message print by "--debug=explain" now make sense.
scons: rebuilding
`build/debug/gui/aiui_lib/lib/i86-pc-linux-gnu/aiui_controller.o' because
`build/debug/gui/aiui_lib/lib/aiui_controller.cpp' changed

In SConsctruct :
Changed this
SConscript("gui/aiui_lib/lib/aiui_lib.sc", exports='envService
vcxprojList', variant_dir="build/debug/gui/aiui_lib/lib", duplicate=0)

by this :
SConscript("gui/aiui_lib/lib/aiui_lib.sc", exports='envService
vcxprojList', variant_dir="build/debug/gui/aiui_lib/lib")

To answer you previous question, it is not building if I do not change the
file (as expected)

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
wrote:

> Here's the logic in question:
>         removed = [x for x in old_bkids if not x in new_bkids]
> in SCons/Node/__init__.py
>
> old_bkids and new_bkids are BuildInfo objects.
>
> You could add some logic there to print the details of each element in
> old_bkids and new_bkids and see why it's not seeing that file in new_bkids.?
>
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Is the file itself changing between builds in this case?
>> Or is it building when it's not changing?
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Pierre-Luc Boily <
>> pierreluc.boily at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I tried same test on a smaller part of the code to get smaller
>>> tree/traces.  I also rework the SConscript to make it simpler, and I don't
>>> see anything shocking.
>>> Tree : https://pastebin.com/iuwKekwD
>>> Trace: https://pastebin.com/KwAieVGE
>>>
>>> SConscript :
>>> Import('envService')
>>> envService.validate_supported_platform('posix')
>>> env = envService.get_env32()
>>> env.USE_QT()
>>> env.Library(target = env.libName(),source = ["aiui_controller.cpp",