[Scons-users] Secondary dependencies with -rpath-link

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Tue Aug 15 12:05:48 EDT 2017

Assuming the build machine and the other machines are the same distro and
version and the secondary shared libraries are system libraries, you
shouldn't need rpath.
If they are all built libraries, and the full path to the used path for the
binary and libraries are the same on the other machines, then rpath makes
sense.

If not, then you may need a wrapper script to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
-Bill