[Scons-users] Help my build get faster... (was SCons and parts)

Pico Geyer picogeyer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 11:34:57 EDT 2017

Bill,
Sorry for the delay.

Right of course. I was just hoping for something in scons due to the
number of SConscript files that I have (and laziness :) )
So indeed it was the file I suspected.
I seemed to have further narrowed it down to env.Clone(), since I need
a new environment for each object. And their are roughly 2000 of them.
This seems to take about 4 seconds.
I found this with the combination of print messages (like your
example) and the very useful  line_profiler tool
(https://github.com/rkern/line_profiler)
I could send you the output off list if you're interested.

Any suggestion on what I can do to improve things?
If there isn't a way to make it faster, I was hoping for a way to
detect early on that I'm not building that component anyway, so I
don't need to process those objects (and therefore do so many
environment clones).