[Scons-users] use of abspath

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Aug 14 11:29:03 EDT 2017

On 08/11/2017 01:50 PM, Bill Deegan wrote:
> if 'caconnectivitymanager.c' is in foo/bar/src, then if you change to:
>
>     ca_common_src = [File(f) for f in [
>         'caconnectivitymanager.c',
>         'cainterfacecontroller.c',
>         'camessagehandler.c',
>         'canetworkconfigurator.c',
>         'caprotocolmessage.c',
>         'caqueueingthread.c',
>         'caretransmission.c',
>     ]]
>
> You can probably skip all the rest of the file path munging.
> File will assume the path specified is relative to current SConscript (Or
> SConstruct if that's where it's invoked)
>
> -Bill

The update was this worked... mostly.  It stopped defeating the scons
calculations of paths (for variant, which was the objective here) but it
seemed every change had some side effect, or rather, uncovered a bad
assumption somewhere else.  I'm still slowly iterating through trying to
find the end where everything builds again.  Sigh.